As a therapist for over 15 years, I specialize in helping change old patterns of thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that are creating distress, and making life difficult.
I have extensive experience working with adults, young adults and teens in both individual and family therapy.
- Anxiety and stress reduction
- Anger and irritability
- Social anxiety
- Perfectionism and low self esteem
- Bi-polar disorder
- Navigating life transitions
- Balancing work and family
- Understanding step-family dynamics
- Sexual Identity: LGBTQ; Speciality with bisexual issues
- Relationship and family issues
- The stress of hearing impairment – for the individual, partners and family
Do you ever wish your feelings would just go away? Truth is, avoiding them only works for so long before they take over. At some point, the anxiety, frustration or loneliness sets in and we become disconnected from ourselves and those we love.
But, does talking about about “feelings” even help? Yes. Clinical research has shown that counseling can help you make permanent positive changes in your life.
Going into therapy can be difficult and perhaps overwhelming.
How do I choose a therapist?
Three of the most important things to ask yourself when you first meet with a therapist:
- Do I feel safe and really listened to?
- Do I feel understood?
- Do I believe that I will make progress?
Working in a safe and non judgmental space you will be able to explore emotions, physical sensations, and beliefs that are harming your ability to connect with others. Learning our internal self talk brings knowledge and power. With knowledge comes the courage to change and heal.