“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” Amit Ray
It is impossible to get through life without bumping up against our insecurities, our issues…our “stuff”. As humans, we’re all the same in this respect.
Change is constant. I’ve learned in both my professional and personal life that when we’re ready ~ positive change is within reach for each of us.
There was a time when I needed help because I was pushing myself to “do it all” as a mother, a partner and a graduate teaching fellow. I ended up with anxiety, frustration and feelings of isolation. Psychotherapy helped me tremendously. It led me to my own journey of self-discovery which is an integral part of my personal philosophy.
Like everyone I have plenty of stressors in my life. As a member of an extended step-family I’ve experienced the difficulties and joys of blending families.
I am passionate about my chosen work. Therapy is one key to discovering who you really are and how to live authentically.
We can reconnect to parts of ourselves that we may have forgotten or kept hidden away.
I fully believe that it IS possible to rekindle those small moments of wonder and awe.
Love brought me to this healing journey.
It can do the same for you.
Rediscover the joy of simplicity.
- Masters of Social Work, Portland State University 1996
- Certified with The Grief Recovery Institute
- Bachelors Degree Liberal Arts; Minor in Gender Studies Portland State University 1987
- Graduate Teaching Fellow; Romance Languages University of Oregon 1988-1991
- Ongoing national workshops, trainings and seminars
- National Association of Social Workers
- Hearing Loss Association of America (Professional Member)
- National Association of the Deaf
- Queer Eugene