Insurance and payment information
Insurance companies can be difficult and stressful to deal with. For this reason, I provide a billing service to take care of filing claims, both in and out of network. I offer a 15% discount if you’d prefer to pay for my services upfront, file the claim yourself, then be reimbursed by your insurance company.
- Cash, Check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express
- Health insurance debit cards (HSA)
- At our initial session, I’ll ask for a credit or HSA card, and keep the information safely on file in my electronic health record.
- Appointments cancelled without 24 hours notice will be charged full fee.
Aetna, PacificSource and PacificSource OHP
Out of Network
IN-DEPTH GUIDE TO OUT-OF-NETWORK BENEFITS
My out of network fee is $195/hr. Many, but not all insurance plans have out of network benefits, and will cover part of my fee.
Before you consider therapy, please use the steps below to find out if your plan has out of network benefits, and what those benefits are.
How do I find out if Out-of-Network is covered
- Call the number on the back of your insurance card, and ask for the Benefits Department:
- If your policy does have of network benefits:
- What is my annual deductible for outpatient mental health? If so, how much of my deductible has been met this year? The deductible is the amount you must pay each year before insurance starts covering anything. Ex: if your deductible is $2,500, you must pay the full cost of services until you’ve hit $2,500, then insurance will begin to pay.
- What is the Allowed Amount of Fee for a Masters level Licensed Clinical Social Worker? (This is the amount the company pays per hour for a therapist with my license.) Ex: I charge $195, but your insurance may pay $120 for my services, you will be responsible for the difference.
- What percentage of the Allowed Amount will I be reimbursed? Ex: you have a 40% co-insurance. Your insurance will pay 60% of $120, or $72.00. Your out of pocket expense is $195- $72 = $123 per session.
- Is there an annual limit for medically necessary sessions? This is important to know, so we can track the number of sessions, and not go over that limit.
If you don’t want to deal with all of the above, Teresa (the billing warrior) will check benefits for a $10 fee
and I’ll let you know what she finds out.
Private Pay or Submit your own claims
Cash pay sessions are $165/hr due at time of service. I offer this discount to clients who choose not to use their insurance, or to submit out of network claims themselves. I’ll provide a statement you will use to be reimbursed by your insurance company. *Please ask if they accept monthly or weekly billing statements.
The Benefits of Private Pay
Opting to pay your provider directly for the care you receive eliminates the requirement to share your personal health information with a third party and affords you certain benefits, including:
- Confidentiality. Insurance companies cannot track diagnosis or treatment
- No limit on the number of visits
- Freedom to set your own priorities and course of treatment
- Increased confidentiality of health and medical records
- Ability to select the professional best suited to your needs
Serving all of Oregon
Anxiety, Anger, Trauma, Depression, Relationships
3003 Willamette St. Suite F Eugene, OR, 97405